One of Covent Garden’s smallest venue’s, with just 444 seats, the Ambassadors Theatre opened in 1913. It was, for a brief period after 1999, known as the New Ambassadors.
The world’s longest running play, The Mousetrap, started here in 1952, with Richard Attenborough and his wife Sheila Sim in the lead roles, but the production moved around the corner to St Martin’s Theatre in 1974. In recent decades the venue has hosted edgy dramas by the likes of Mark Ravenhill, Neil LaBute and Eve Ensler, as well as more populist fare such as Little Shop of Horrors and Stomp.
Phone: 0844 811 2334