Avobar’s Moroccan Plantballs Bowl Recipe
It is time to avo-go at cooking! Now is the perfect time to practice, brush up or stretch your culinary talents. Covent Garden has compiled some of the best recipes from around the neighbourhood for you to recreate at home.
A filling, hearty plant-based bowl packed with antioxidants and inspired by Middle Eastern flavours - adapted to make at home from Avobar’s popular superfood dish.
Superfood fact: Sweet potato (main ingredient in the plantballs) is known to be a great immunity booster due to its high level of beta-carotene which turns into vitamin A once consumed. Also rich in fibre, B Vitamins & Vitamin C.
half an avocado
1. Bake the whole sweet potatoes in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45minutes to 1hour until completely cooked depending upon the size of the sweet potatoes.
2. Deskin the sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl & add some mixed herbs (cumin, coriander, cinnamon) and mix well.
3. Make small balls of the Plantball mix, heat a sauté pan on medium heat, add coconut oil & cook the Plantballs from all the sides. Serve warm.
4. Mix kale, spinach, baby gem, half of diced avocado, chopped mint & mix all ingredients together & put in a salad bowl.
5. Add olive oil and mix well.
6. Add half an avocado and Plantballs on top of the salad and serve.
Enter your email address to see new shows and events first.